Welcome to the home page for the 2019 Fort Benton Invitational tournament hosted by Fort Benton High School on Dec 7, 2019 for High School students.
Status: Registration for Invited Schools Only
Fort Benton High School is pleased and excited to invite you to the FBHS invitational Speech, Drama, and Debate meet on Saturday, December 7th 2019.
- Registration can be done on forensics.net at https://forensicstournament.net/fortbenton/19
- Preliminary registration is open at this time by invitation only to Northern A-B-C Division schools. These schools have priority and a waiting list will be created for teams from other divisions. Due to space and time constraints, no double entry is allowed, events will be limited to two sections (and will close as they fill), and schools can register up to three entries in each event.
- No new schools will be allowed after Monday, December 2nd. Please complete all drops and adds by noon on Thursday, December 5th. Please call/text (406) 621-0428 with all drops on the day of the meet. Check-in will be at Fort Benton High School main office from 7:30-8:30.
- Fees: Entry fees will be $5.00 per student and there will also be a $5 fee for the use of forensics.net. A list of all entries and charges will be emailed out on Friday, December 6th.
- All MHSA B-C rules apply.
- All speech and debate events will be held at Fort Benton Elementary, and all drama events will be held at the high school. Concessions will be available at the high school from 8:00 until 1:30 with payments due at the time of purchase. No tabs will be allowed
- A full hospitality room will be available to coaches, judges, and drivers in the elementary school teachers’ lounge. A limited hospitality room with coffee, water, and cookies will be available for coaches, judges, and drivers in the high school teachers’ lounge.
- Student commons will be in the elementary gymnasium and high school cafe. Students must wait until judges are present to enter competition rooms. Finals will have 3 judges and students must wait until all 3 are present to enter the room.
- Preliminary rounds are planned for 9:00, 10:30, and noon, with finals at 2 p.m. Extemp draw will begin when rounds begin. All finals will be held in the elementary with awards (optimistically) at 4:00 in the elementary auditorium.
- We will be tabbing in both schools in their respective libraries. Sweeps will be split into three: Speech, Drama, and Debate.
- Any debate events with 3 or fewer entries will be a round robin competition, with no finals. PLEASE NOTE: The Lincoln/Douglas Debate and Public Forum Debate will use the November/December topic.
Any questions or concerns please contact Coach Amy Hanson. We are looking forward to bringing Speech, Drama, & Debate tournaments back to The Fort!
Coach Amy Hanson
Fort Benton High School
High School: 622-3213
Cell phone: 621-0428