Welcome to the home page for the 2020 Northern California Forensics Association Fall 2020 Tournament #1 tournament hosted by University of the Pacific on Sep 19-20, 2020 for College students.
Status: Tournament Completed
Welcome to NCFA Fall 2020 Tournament #1!
Hi everybody. We hope the first few weeks of your semester have been good (or at least as good as they can be in times like these). We are looking forward to hosting all of you in a digital environment. Below we have some updates for the tournament and also recommend you take a look at the documents we have provided to assist in the transition to an online tournament. We know that although the tournament experience will be much different for most if not all of you, we believe in the power of camaraderie & community to make these online tournaments an excellent experience for students, judges, and coaches. Thank you for participating and let us know if you have any questions. Access our tournament website here: https://sites.google.com/view/ncfaseasonopenertournamentf20/home-page?authuser=0
Web Pages for Guidance
We have changed deadlines to try and accommodate folks with the first tournament.
- Registration Deadline- Wednesday, Sept. 16 by 11:55 PM
- Fees Assessed (changes made until)- Thursday, Sept. 17 by 10:00 PM
Payment of Fees-
One of the web pages (registration) will be used to help us pay fees digitally. We would prefer you pay fees on Sunday so that Saturday we can spend time welcoming folks and also make sure that Pattern A Rd 1 goes of as hitch-free as possible. You can also always pay using the P.O. Box address in the invite.
A few reminders about judging:
1) IPDA Judges need no formal training in forensics and IPDA can be a great way to begin training new judges and/or students on argumentation
2) Judges can be entered to judge both IEs and Debate, however, we hope that you can supply judges to cover both so that our pools are not so small as to not offer time off for judges.
3) If you are having trouble covering your judging commitment please reach out ASAP so that we can add the number we will need to hire from Hired judge.
Rules for Events-
We will be updating you with precise sets of rules for this weekend but it is important that you and your students update yourselves on NPDA and AFA rules and best practices. (Links coming soon)
Thank you all for reading and keeping up and, again, we look forward to hosting you this weekend!
Wed 09/16/20 11:55 pm Pacific
Start registration (schools can begin registering competitors and judges)
Thu 09/17/20 10:00 pm Pacific
Limit adds, changes, drops to existing schools only (no new schools can register)
Thu 09/17/20 11:55 pm Pacific
Close registration (schools can not edit their registration)
NCFA Virtual Forensics Camp
(Northern California Forensics Association on Sep 18, 2020