Welcome to the home page for the 2021 Robert Barbera Invitational tournament hosted by California State University, Northridge on Nov 6-7, 2021 for College students.
Status: Accepting Entries
Dear Forensics Friends Colleagues:
On behalf of the Matador Speech & Debate Team, the Department of Communication Studies, and the Mike Curb College of Arts Media and Communication at CSU-Northridge, we would like to invite you to participate in the 2021 Robert Barbera Invitational. This free, full-service, 100% virtual tournament will be held synchronously through 8x8 November 6-7.
Debate events (NPDA and IPDA) will be held on Saturday, Individual Events on Sunday.
- Registration is due by Thursday, November 4th at 6:00 PM Pacific time on ForensicsTournament.net
- All university and community college students are welcome to attend.
- Because this is an online tournament, slow internet speeds can cause issues for speakers, judges, and tournament staff. Test your internet speed on SpeakEasy.net. Anything less than 6 mbps upload/download will cause video/audio problems.
- We strongly recommend each school has judges on standby who are familiar with internet tournaments in case there are internet issues for their originally registered judges.
- We will offer four (4) prelim rounds of Open and Novice (divisions might be collapsed due to lack of entries) and the potential for two (2) outrounds of IPDA and NPDA debate on Saturday. Sunday will offer three (3) rounds of all individual events for Open and Novice competitors and one (1) potential outround.
- The awards ceremony will be live-streamed on YouTube.
On behalf of CSUN forensics, we hope you can join us in November!
Joel M. Lemuel, Ph.D.
Director of Forensics
Please contact Tournament Director Joel Lemuel (Joel.email@example.com) for questions.
Thu 11/04/21 6:00 pm Pacific
Close registration (schools can not edit their registration)