Thank you for your participation in the PSCFA Warm Up! Just a few things to make sure the tournament runs smoothly.
All tournament fees will be handled with Das via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need any assistance navigating the tournament, please visit
- You will receive an email around 10 minutes before the round. It will either provide you a link to your round room and eballot, or ask that you please stand by in case we need to push you a ballot. The judges stand by room can be visited at this link: https://8x8.vc/PSCFAWarmupJudgeStandby
- If you do not receive an email 10 minutes before the round, please head to the judges stand by room.
- If we do not need you for the round, you will get another email after letting you know you are good to go for the round.
- Please make sure to check your spam folders / refresh your inbox for these emails!
- Please make sure competitors also check their spam folders / refresh their inboxes for postings.
- The postings will contain their room link, and will also be sent around 10 minutes before the round.
For the IE portion of the tournament:
- Competitors who are double entered will receive links to both of their rooms. To sign in, please have competitors type their name in the chat to mirror signing into a classroom, before heading to their other round.
- Please inform competitors to make sure they enter rooms with muted microphones, as to not interrupt another speaker.
Feel free to email, text, or call me at email@example.com and/or 626-217-7768 for any questions. Excited to return for another wonderful start to our forensics season!
- Jacqueline Yu, Tournament Director
- To prepare your competitors and judges for this new online format, visit the PSCFA.org website and under the “Videos” tab, please review the “Resources for Online Tournaments" Guides. These will be a huge ease to getting you comfortable competing and judging in this online space.
- Because this is an online tournament, slow internet speeds can cause issues for speakers, judges, and tournament staff. Test your internet speed on SpeakEasy.net. Anything less than 6 mbps upload/download will cause video/audio problems.
- We strongly recommend each school has judges on standby who are familiar with internet tournaments in case there are internet issues for their originally registered judges.
- The tournament will use synchronous video conferencing. Please see the Best Practices section of this invite for tips on how to effectively use the platform.
- We will offer four (4) rounds of Open, Junior, and Novice (divisions might be collapsed due to lack of entries) NFA-LD, NPDA and IPDA debate on Saturday. Sunday will offer the usual two (2) rounds of all PSCFA individual events for Open, Junior, and Novice competitors.
- The awards ceremony will be live-streamed on YouTube.