Welcome to the home page for the 2020 PSCFA Warm Up tournament hosted by Online on Oct 3-4, 2020 for College students.
Status: Accepting Entries
Dear PSCFA Community,
Welcome to the 2020-2021 forensics season! It is time to get the competition year started at the PSCFA Warm-Up, an online synchronous tournament on October 3rd and 4th, 2020. Due to our recent adjustments, the Warm Up will be hosted online, in a video conference style. Despite our new online format, the basics of the traditional Warm Up will stay the same, with a few adjustments.
There are numerous reasons why your team should choose The Warm-Up to start off the competitive year. First, The Warm-Up is a great way to introduce students who are new to competitive collegiate forensics to the activity in a relaxed environment. It also allows returning students to ease into the new year. Second, it is a wonderful way to catch up with all of your forensics colleagues and meet coaches who are new to our region. Finally, it provides the opportunity to try out new topics and approaches to our activity.
- Registration is due by Tuesday, September 29th at 6:00 PM Pacific time on ForensicsTournament.net
- To prepare your competitors and judges for this new online format, visit the PSCFA.org website and under the “Videos” tab, please review the “Resources for Online Tournaments" Guides. These will be a huge ease to getting you comfortable competing and judging in this online space.
- Because this is an online tournament, slow internet speeds can cause issues for speakers, judges, and tournament staff. Test your internet speed on SpeakEasy.net. Anything less than 6 mbps upload/download will cause video/audio problems.
- We strongly recommend each school has judges on standby who are familiar with internet tournaments in case there are internet issues for their originally registered judges.
- The tournament will use synchronous video conferencing. Please see the Best Practices section of this invite for tips on how to effectively use the platform.
- We will offer four (4) rounds of Open, Junior, and Novice (divisions might be collapsed due to lack of entries) NFA-LD, NPDA and IPDA debate on Saturday. Sunday will offer the usual two (2) rounds of all PSCFA individual events for Open, Junior, and Novice competitors.
- The awards ceremony will be live-streamed on YouTube.
We look forward to seeing you at The Warm-Up! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact
Thuy Pham, Tournament Director, Mt. San Antonio College
Email: email@example.com | Phone/Text: 714-553-0260
|HELP ROOM||PARLI TOPICS|
|STAND-BY JUDGES ROOM||EXTEMP PREP|
Tue 09/29/20 6:00 pm Pacific
Wed 09/30/20 6:00 pm Pacific
Adds, Changes, Drops for Existing Schools only