A Few Important Reminders:
1) All times are Pacific Time.
2) Judges are encouraged to accept ballots as soon as they are notified.
3) Judges are encouraged to submit ballots ASAP after the round. Additional comments can be added to the ballots any time before the end of the tournament.
4) Drops after the Wednesday deadline do not alter a school’s judging commitment.
Standby Judges should wait here:
(feel free to treat this as a judges lounge for visiting as well)
All tournament fees will be handled with Das via email at email@example.com
If you have finance questions during the tournmament, please visit Das here: https://8x8.vc/PSCFATreasurer
- You will receive an email around 10 minutes before the round. It will either provide you a link to your round room and eballot, or ask that you please stand by in case we need to push you a ballot. The judges stand by room can be visited at this link: https://8x8.vc/PSCFAJudges
- If you do not receive an email 10 minutes before the round, please head to the judges stand by room.
- If we do not need you for the round, you will get another email after letting you know you are good to go for the round.
- Please make sure to check your spam folders / refresh your inbox for these emails!
- Please make sure competitors also check their spam folders / refresh their inboxes for postings.
- The postings will contain their room link, and will also be sent around 10 minutes before the round.
For the IE portion of the tournament:
- Competitors who are double entered will receive links to both of their rooms. To sign in, please have competitors type their name in the chat to mirror signing into a classroom, before heading to their other round.
- Please inform competitors to make sure they enter rooms with muted microphones, as to not interrupt another speaker.
- To prepare your competitors and judges for this new online format, visit the PSCFA.org website and under the “Videos” tab, please review the “Resources for Online Tournaments" Guides. These will be a huge ease to getting you comfortable competing and judging in this online space.
- Because this is an online tournament, slow internet speeds can cause issues for speakers, judges, and tournament staff. Test your internet speed on SpeakEasy.net. Anything less than 6 mbps upload/download will cause video/audio problems.
- We strongly recommend each school has judges on standby who are familiar with internet tournaments in case there are internet issues for their originally registered judges.
- The tournament will use synchronous video conferencing. Please see the Best Practices section of this invite for tips on how to effectively use the platform.
- The awards ceremony will be live-streamed on YouTube.