Welcome to the home page for the 2022 PSCFA Cool-Off tournament hosted by Online on Apr 30-1, 2022 for College students.
Status: Tournament Completed
A Few Important Reminders:
1) All times are Pacific Time.
2) Judges are encouraged to accept ballots as soon as they are notified.
3) Judges are encouraged to submit ballots ASAP after the round. Additional comments can be added to the ballots any time before the end of the tournament.
4) Drops after the Wednesday deadline do not alter a school’s judging commitment.
All Debaters: Please sign in at the Help Room between 8:30 - 9 am. Debaters who don't sign in will be dropped. (Group sign in not permitted, so if you are competing in debate, please visit the Help Room to let us know you are here!) The link to the Help Room is here:
Saturday, 4/30 Only
NPDA Topics will be distributed here:
Sunday, 5/1 Only
Extemp Topics will be distributed here:
Standby Judges should wait here:
(feel free to treat this as a judges lounge for visiting as well)
All tournament fees and payment methods must be addressed with Das after Round 1 is completed here and before awards: https://8x8.vc/PSCFATreasurer
You will receive an email around 10 minutes before the round. It will either provide you a link to your round room and eballot or ask that you please stand by in case we need to push you a ballot. The judges stand by room can be visited at this link: https://8x8.vc/pscfacooloffstandbyjudges
- If you do not receive an email 10 minutes before the round, please head to the judges stand by room.
- If we do not need you for the round, you will get another email after letting you know you are good to go for the round.
- Please make sure to check your spam folders / refresh your inbox for these emails!
- Please make sure competitors also check their spam folders / refresh their inboxes for postings.
- The postings will contain their room link and will also be sent around 10 minutes before the round.
For the IE portion of the tournament:
- Competitors who are double entered will receive links to both of their rooms. To sign in, please have competitors type their name in the chat to mirror signing into a classroom, before heading to their other round.
- Please inform competitors to make sure they enter rooms with muted microphones, as to not interrupt another speaker.
- To prepare your competitors and judges for this new online format, visit the PSCFA.org website and under the “Videos” tab, please review the “Resources for Online Tournaments" Guides. These will be a huge ease to getting you comfortable competing and judging in this online space.
- Because this is an online tournament, slow internet speeds can cause issues for speakers, judges, and tournament staff. Test your internet speed on SpeakEasy.net. Anything less than 6 mbps upload/download will cause video/audio problems.
- We strongly recommend each school has judges on standby who are familiar with internet tournaments in case there are internet issues for their originally registered judges.
- The tournament will use synchronous video conferencing. Please see the Best Practices section of this invite for tips on how to effectively use the platform.
- The awards ceremony will be live-streamed on YouTube.
Thu 04/28/22 12:00 am
Drops only (no new entries or changes allowed)