Pasadena City College - Feb 1-2
Welcome to the home page for the 2019 Pasadena City College Winter Invitational tournament hosted by Pasadena City College on Feb 1-2, 2019 for College students.
Status: Tournament Completed
On behalf of the Pasadena City College forensics team and staff, we would like to invite you and your team to the 1st ever PCC Winter Invitational – February 1st & 2nd (Fri-Sat), 2019. We are thoughtfully avoiding Super Bowl Sunday for your convenience.
This tournament is open to two-year and four-year colleges.
At the PCC WI, your students will be able to compete in:
- Novice and Open Divisions of IPDA and NFA-LD on Friday, February 1
- Novice and Open Divisions of Parliamentary Debate and on Saturday, February 2nd.
- Novice and Open Divisions of 11 Individual Events on Saturday, February 2nd.
All entries are due by
6:00pm on Tuesday, January 29th.
We will use forensicstournament.net.
You can still make changes to your entry online until 6:00pm on Thursday,
January 31st. Drop fees will
be assessed after the Thursday deadline.
- Students cannot be double-entered in IPDA and NFA-LD
- Students cannot be double-entered in NPDA and IEs
- Open contestants may triple enter in individual events at their own risk.
- Novice contestants may double enter in individual events.
- AFA event descriptions will apply
- We will use AFA style for impromptu
- We will offer 4 prelims of IPDA, NFA-LD and Parli. All three will have Phi Rho Pi elim rounds
8. FLEX TIME has been added to Parliamentary Debate as of the 2018 Coaches Conference. Flex time may be used by the controlling team to prepare arguments, drink water, set up stands, ask questions of their opponents, etc. Flex time may not be used as additional speech time.
- Prep rooms will be made available for NPDA but not IPDA.
- There will be two prelim rounds of individual events, with one final round for each individual event pattern.
- We feed the judges pretty well throughout the entire day and you can watch programs on the big screen in the theater.