Welcome to the home page for the 2020 Griffin Invitational tournament hosted by Grossmont College on Nov 13-15, 2020 for College students.
Status: Tournament Completed
Welcome to our 28th Annual
(but 1st On-line Synchronous)Tournament!
Elim 2 Topic (5:21pm Start Time): Resolved: The United States would be better off with a Democratic President and Conservative Senate.
|HELP ROOM||PARLI TOPICS|
|STAND-BY JUDGES ROOM||EXTEMP PREP|
The Grossmont Community College Forensics Squad cordially invites you to join us online, for the 28th Annual Griffin Invitational Speech & Debate Tournament. This year, due to public health precautions we will host our tournament synchronously.
Friday Nov.13th One Day Individual Events Tournament
Saturday Nov.14th One Day IPDA Tournament.
Sunday Nov.15th One Day Parli Debate Tournament
The Griffin Tournament offers your students:
Friday, Nov. 13 th A One-Day Individual Events Tournament.
• 2 rounds and finals in Open and Novice Divisions (if entries warrant).
• Students are allowed to triple enter. (except double entry only for Duo and Extempers).
• A separate Individual Events Awards ceremony will be held, and sweepstakes for the top three colleges will be awarded, with certificates.
• Our "Picket Fence" Award: A special award for the student with a "picket fence" in individual events. A special gift card will be awarded to the winner.
Saturday, Nov. 14th: A One-Day IPDA Tournament.
• Novice, Junior and Varsity Divisions, if entries warrant.
• 4 rounds of IPDA, with two out rounds. We may need to limit entries, so get your entries in early.
• A separate IPDA awards ceremony will be held.
Sunday, Nov. 15th :A One-Day Parliamentary Debate Tournament.
• Novice, Junior and Open Divisions (if entries warrant).
• We will be using the 4 preliminary rounds and Bronze, Silver/Gold rounds model.
• (Open Division final round is negotiable)
• A separate Parliamentary Debate Awards ceremony will be held, and sweepstakes for the top three colleges in Parli Debate will be awarded Certificates.
Overall Sweepstakes and Awards:
• An Overall Sweepstakes Award (Certificate) for the top three colleges in both Individual Events and Debate will be awarded during the final ceremony on Sunday.
Gift Cards will be awarded to 1st, 2nd 3 rd places in I.E.’s and for Gold & Silver places.
Certificates will be sent to finalists and Bronze award winners.
We look forward to “seeing” you online, at the 28th Griffin Invitational Tournament, at Grossmont College.
Roxanne Tuscany, Michael McHan
Director of Forensics at Grossmont College Assistant Coach at Grossmont College
619 204-8792(cell) 858-414-8513
Wed 11/11/20 9:00 pm Pacific
Limit adds, changes, drops to existing schools only (no new schools can register)
Thu 11/12/20 6:00 pm Pacific
Close registration (schools can not edit their registration)