Welcome to the home page for the 2022 Dahlin Invitational tournament hosted by Palomar College on Nov 11, 2022 for College students.
Status: System shutdown (No new schools, changes, adds, or drops )
September 13, 2022
The Palomar College Forensics Team is proud to announce the Ray Dahlin Invitational. This Individual Events and IPDA open-division tournament will be held Friday, November 11, at Grossmont College.
The Ray Dahlin Invitational will offer:
· Two preliminary rounds of competition breaking to final rounds in the early evening.
· Four rounds of IPDA with two elims to run concurrently with IE’s.
· A swing tournament opportunity in conjunction with the Griffin Invitational to be held Saturday and Sunday.
· An assortment of food for the judges and lunch provided for the students.
· Sweepstakes trophies for the top three 4-year and 2-year schools. All finalists will receive awards. We will not be offering a novice division.
· The “Patrick Mills” limited prep speaker award will be given to the top speaker in short prep.
· Top IPDA award will be presented to the top speaker in IPDA.
We look forward to seeing you at the Ray Dahlin Invitational.
Palomar Coaching Staff
Friday, November 11, 2022
9:30 AM Registration – Student Center
9:45 Extemp Draw
10:00-11:15 Round I: Pattern A, IPDA Round 1
11:15 Extemp Draw
11:30-12:45 Round II: Pattern A, IPDA Round 2
12:45-1:15 Lunch Break
1:15-2:30 Round I: Pattern B, IPDA Round 3
2:30-3:45 Round II: Pattern B, IPDA Round 4
3:45 Extemp Draw
4:00-5:15 Pattern A Finals, IPDA Elim 1
5:30-6:45 Pattern B Finals, IPDA Elim 2
7:00 or ASAP Awards Ceremony
Pattern A: Extemp, Informative, Poetry, Prose, STE
Pattern B: Impromptu, Duo, Persuasion, P.O.I, Drama, CA
Pattern C: IPDA