Welcome to the virtual 2020 Joseph J. Cardot Forensic Invitational at Abilene Christian University. We'll be featuring six preliminary rounds of IPDA Debate in all four divisions on Saturday and elimination rounds and awards on Sunday. As a gift to you and a celebration of the end of 2020, this tournament is a FREE tournament with no fees for entries.
When making your entries, please remember that:
- All entries must be covered. 1 judge covers 2 debaters.
- You are only allowed 2 extra observers (1 Coach and 1 additional observer).
- If you have the need for additional observers, please contact the tournament host at least one week in advance.
- Current caps are set at 8 competitors per school for Novice and 6 competitors per school for all other divisions. At the discretion of the tournament director, adjustments may be made to those caps to ensure a quality competition, .
- Please make certain that you include working email addresses for all competitors, judges, and coaches to allow us to push ballots in both prelim and Elim rounds. Please have ALL competitors, coaches, and judges VERIFY their email addresses in FTN.
- Remember that all programs are committed to judging for the full tournament, including all elimination rounds.
We would also ask that ALL competitors be listed as judges in your program's entry portal. This will aid the tournament greatly during elimination rounds for accessing non-advancing competitors. To clarify, you will not be entering them as judges for prelims of the tournament, but including them in your judging list. This will aid the tournament in keeping things running smoothly as we enter elimination rounds and begin assigning ballots to non-advancing competitors. Please encourage all students and staff to personally verify their email addresses prior to the tournament.